Subject: [bug#64171] [bug#64173] [PATCH 0/1] guix: pack: add --entry-point-argument option

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2023 16:00:48 +0200

Hi,

Simon Tournier <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Just to be sure to understand, the command-line could list several
> --entry-point-argument options, right?

Yes.

> Well, since the order of the various command-line arguments might
> matter, and since a ’reverse’ is suggested, and since all the Guix
> command-lines do not behave the same way – for instance “guix package”
> processes command-line argument from right to left; see #43585 or #50473
> [1,2]; anyway :-) – I would suggest to add a sentence in the
> documentation (manual) that the command-line arguments are parsed from
> left to right.

No: the ‘reverse’ puts them back in the right order (because
‘args-fold*’ traverses the option list from left to right and thus
conses the result in reverse order.)

HTH!

Ludo’.