Subject: 29.0.92; Ahead-of-time native compilation failed Emacs 29.0.92

From: Eason Huang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 21:24:10 +0800

Hi Emacs dev Team,

Thanks for making Emacs 29.

I try to build Emacs 29.0.92 on Windows 11, the `aot` option have no
affect. After I start Emacs, still need to compile the built-in
packages, such org,cc-mode and so on.

The source code used to build:
https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-29.0.92.tar.xz

You can find the detailed build command and build logs from the link below:
https://gist.github.com/Eason0210/6710700a77d632e7fffba44c584a7692

In GNU Emacs 29.0.92 (build 2, x86_64-w64-mingw32) of 2023-06-19 built
 on AREA-51
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.22000
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.2009.22000.2057)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/c/opt/emacs --with-native-compilation=aot
 --without-dbus'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: zh_CN.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: cp936

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
comp comp-cstr warnings icons subr-x rx cl-seq cl-macs gv cl-extra
help-mode bytecomp byte-compile cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils china-util rmc iso-transl
tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table
term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 78660 6903)
 (symbols 48 7183 0)
 (strings 32 20726 1997)
 (string-bytes 1 601305)
 (vectors 16 15695)
 (vector-slots 8 379860 13498)
 (floats 8 41 46)
 (intervals 56 251 0)
 (buffers 984 12))

--
Eason Huang