Subject: bug#64167: closed (Re: bug#64167: 29.0.92; Ahead-of-time native compilation failed Emacs 29.0.92)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2023 08:24:02 +0000

Your bug report

#64167: 29.0.92; Ahead-of-time native compilation failed Emacs 29.0.92

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
64167: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=64167
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#64167: 29.0.92; Ahead-of-time native compilation failed Emacs 29.0.92
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2023 11:24:04 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 14:48:47 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> 
> > From: Eason Huang <[email-masked]>
> > Cc: Corwin Brust <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> > Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 14:05:13 +0800
> > 
> > Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> > 
> > > The difference is that in the release tarball you have all the *.elc
> > > files up-to-date, so the native-compilation rule doesn't kick in.
> > > Remove all the *.elc file, and I'm guessing that the aot build will
> > > work.
> > Yes, you are right. I tried to download source code from
> > https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/snapshot/emacs-2bad5829ff76538774676f7274f40ce7baf04c73.tar.gz
> > 
> > And it can be build --with-native-compilation=aot
> 
> OK, I think I fixed this now on the emacs-29 branch.  I tested the fix
> with several configurations, but not all of them.  In particular, I
> didn't test out-of-tree builds, so if someone could test that, I'd
> appreciate.

No further comments, so I presume the bug was indeed fixed, and I'm
closing it.  Feel free to reopen if something still doesn't work.

Subject: 29.0.92; Ahead-of-time native compilation failed Emacs 29.0.92
From: Eason Huang <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 21:24:10 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Emacs dev Team,

Thanks for making Emacs 29.

I try to build Emacs 29.0.92 on Windows 11, the `aot` option have no
affect. After I start Emacs, still need to compile the built-in
packages, such org,cc-mode and so on.

The source code used to build:
https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-29.0.92.tar.xz

You can find the detailed build command and build logs from the link below:
https://gist.github.com/Eason0210/6710700a77d632e7fffba44c584a7692

In GNU Emacs 29.0.92 (build 2, x86_64-w64-mingw32) of 2023-06-19 built
 on AREA-51
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.22000
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.2009.22000.2057)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/c/opt/emacs --with-native-compilation=aot
 --without-dbus'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: zh_CN.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: cp936

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
comp comp-cstr warnings icons subr-x rx cl-seq cl-macs gv cl-extra
help-mode bytecomp byte-compile cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils china-util rmc iso-transl
tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table
term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 78660 6903)
 (symbols 48 7183 0)
 (strings 32 20726 1997)
 (string-bytes 1 601305)
 (vectors 16 15695)
 (vector-slots 8 379860 13498)
 (floats 8 41 46)
 (intervals 56 251 0)
 (buffers 984 12))

--
Eason Huang