Subject: bug#64167: 29.0.92; Ahead-of-time native compilation failed Emacs 29.0.92

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 14:48:47 +0300

> From: Eason Huang <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Corwin Brust <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 14:05:13 +0800
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > The difference is that in the release tarball you have all the *.elc
> > files up-to-date, so the native-compilation rule doesn't kick in.
> > Remove all the *.elc file, and I'm guessing that the aot build will
> > work.
> Yes, you are right. I tried to download source code from
> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/snapshot/emacs-2bad5829ff76538774676f7274f40ce7baf04c73.tar.gz
> 
> And it can be build --with-native-compilation=aot

OK, I think I fixed this now on the emacs-29 branch.  I tested the fix
with several configurations, but not all of them.  In particular, I
didn't test out-of-tree builds, so if someone could test that, I'd
appreciate.