Subject: bug#64160: closed (Re: bug#64160: master; Implement various enhancements in ldap.el and EUDC)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 22:24:02 +0000

Your bug report

#64160: master; Implement various enhancements in ldap.el and EUDC

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
64160: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=64160
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#64160: master; Implement various enhancements in ldap.el and EUDC
From: Jens Schmidt <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 00:23:03 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Closing this bug since I don't have the time to follow up on it myself 
as needed.

Subject: master; Implement various enhancements in ldap.el and EUDC
From: Jens Schmidt <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 23:52:37 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This is a tracking bug for various enhancements in ldap.el and EUDC,
please do not close until further notice.

Some of my intentions:

- Add an additional front-end to EUDC, more user-friendly and dwimmy
   than `eudc-query-form'.

- Add commands in EUDC to traverse the management hierarchy of
   some organization.

- Extensions in particular to ldap.el to support above:

   + extension of the WITHDN parameter, since that is often (?) used
     to establish manager <=> reports relations

   + modernization of the code in `ldap-search-internal' to
     read LDAP attributes with less temporary files being created

   + option to return attributes in some specified order

This is also related to bug#64089, which I thought to be the starting
point of these enhancements.