Subject: bug#64160: master; Implement various enhancements in ldap.el and EUDC

From: Jens Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 23:16:58 +0200

On 2023-06-19  17:13, Filipp Gunbin wrote:

> Ok, I now see that it's about different things, let's move back this 
> discussion to 64089.

Problem is that the result of my plans in bug#64160 would be more or
less a complete rewrite of `ldap-search-internal'.  For example, our
LDAP server returns underscores in its attribute names, which I would
have accounted for ... in a clean and configurable way and strictly
backward compatible, of course.  I'd like to optionally have the record
attributes sorted in the order they came in from EUDC.  I'd like to
optionally get rid of temporary files, since Emacs should be more than
capable to parse the base64-encoded attributes instead.  And so on and 
so forth ... there is really much room for improvement in that function.

Now from your previous comments I got the impression that we have a
different approach on coding and that you are somewhat opposed to changes.

So I'd rather leave the changes in my private repository and save us
both time and energy.

Feel free to close this bug.