Subject: [PATCH] libtool: removed stale intro in document

From: Ileana Dumitrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 19:26:45 +0200

Fixes libtool bug https://bugs.gnu.org/64157

* libtool.texi: Removed old and stale introduction from documentation.
---
  doc/libtool.texi | 4 ----
  1 file changed, 4 deletions(-)

diff --git a/doc/libtool.texi b/doc/libtool.texi
index 5973bac0..84f565e5 100644
--- a/doc/libtool.texi
+++ b/doc/libtool.texi
@@ -409,10 +409,6 @@ libraries and programs.
  In summary, ``libraries are programs with multiple entry points, and
  more formally defined interfaces.''

-Version 0.7 of libtool was a complete redesign and rewrite of libtool to
-reflect this new paradigm.  So far, it has proved to be successful:
-libtool is simpler and more useful than before.
-
  The best way to introduce the libtool paradigm is to contrast it with
  the paradigm of existing library systems, with examples from each.  It
  is a new way of thinking, so it may take a little time to absorb, but
-- 
2.43.0