Subject: bug#64157: closed (Re: bug#64157: stale intro in doc)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 22:31:02 +0000

Your bug report

#64157: stale intro in doc

which was filed against the libtool package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
64157: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=64157
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#64157: stale intro in doc
From: Karl Berry <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 15:30:04 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Ileana - good to have a first commit :). All looks good to me. I'll
bcc [email-masked] to close the bug -- although in general you
should feel free to close bugs yourself when appropriate, since original
submitters often fail to confirm or get back. They can always reply
later if they disagree, as you're probably well aware of from your
Debian work.

FYI, I noticed that the libtool-commit mailing list did not receive a
message from your commit, or indeed anything since January 2017. I asked
the Savannah folks to repair ...
https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/index.php?111008

All the best,
Karl

Subject: stale intro in doc
From: Karl Berry <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 14:44:17 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The "Libtool paradigm" in libtool.texi says:

    Version 0.7 of libtool was a complete redesign and rewrite of libtool to
    reflect this new paradigm.  So far, it has proved to be successful:
    libtool is simpler and more useful than before.

This seems rather stale. It feels odd to read a self-congratulatory
comment about something that happened many years ago. -k