Subject: Re: [bug#64155] [PATCH] gnu: emacs-piem: Update to 0.5.0.

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 20:24:13 +0200

Am Montag, dem 19.06.2023 um 17:44 +0400 schrieb Andrew Tropin:
> Hi Jelle!
> 
> Thank you very much for the patch.
> 
> IMHO, optional dependencies should not be propagated.  On user side
> installing additional packages is easier than transforming existing
> package and removing unneeded propagated deps.  Personally, I would
> remove all the propagated inputs from piem and let the user install
> what he needs for his particular use case.
> 
> Liliana, Jelle WDYT?
s/he needs/they need/

Other than that, I don't really have an opinion, but at the very least
we don't *have* to propagate debbugs, given that users who want to use
that probably already have it.  As for why I don't really have an
opinion: I don't know how central the existing propagations are towards
the working of emacs-piem.

That being said, we could always make those inputs regular (which might
be helpful for byte/native-compilation).

Cheers