Subject: bug#64152: 29.0.92; 'redirect-frame-focus' is broken

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 12:22:18 +0000

Hello, Eli.

On Mon, Jun 19, 2023 at 20:22:23 +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 14:26:22 +0000
> > From: Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]>
> > cc: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

> > >> That change has immediate consequences for interactions based on 
> > >> read_minibuf.  With emacs -Q evaluate (make-frame '((minibuffer . 
> > >> nil))) and in the frame created thusly type C-x C-f.  At this time it 
> > >> is impossible to access the minibuffer-less frame using C-x o, C-x 5 o, 
> > >> the window manager's Alt-TAB or any other key combination.  All these 
> > >> key combinations used to work in the given configuration ever since. 
> > >> With a minibuffer-only frames setup, the minibuffer window has become 
> > >> "modal".

> > > This works in Emacs 28, so the minibuffer-follows-selected-frame changes 
> > > aren't the culprit.  Bisection will be appreciated.

> > The culprit is 9cd72b02b6.

> Thanks.

> Alan, could you please look into fixing this?  Perhaps the recipe
> posted by Martin explains the rationale for having that "obscure,
> obsolete code" you removed?

> This is a regression in Emacs 29, so we should try fixing it on the
> emacs-29 branch.

It's fixed on the emacs-29 branch (Martin has tested the patch).  Should
I commit it to the release branch?

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).