Subject: Re: bug#64141: 27.1 newly has clunky type-break y-or-n-p

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 10:26:19 +0300

> From: Samuel Wales <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 18:17:00 -0700
> 
> i upgraded to 27.1 and found that type-break is asking me about breaks
> as follows:

Which version of Emacs did you have installed before the upgrade?
Was type-break working differently/better in that older version?

> when it asks in minibuffer
> 
> - point is in another window, requiring focus, changing point, and
> tending to type-break
> - home or page up key puts point at beg of message, where it will not
> accept a reply
> - it is generally more high-maintenane to get it to do a type-break or
> to get it to postpone it
> - it seems to arrive in the wrong place or at the wrong instant more
> [this is subjective and please ignore if nonsensical]
> 
> apologies for bad bug report.  perhaps it will trigger a memory of a
> code change or changelog/diff will make it obvious.

I don't see any significant changes in type-break.el since Emacs 26.1.
But maybe I missed something, so please try to provide a more detailed
recipe to reproduce the problems, preferably starting from "emacs -Q",
so that we could understand the problems and fix them if necessary.

Thanks.