Subject: Re: bug#64141: 27.1 newly has clunky type-break y-or-n-p

From: Samuel Wales <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2023 22:58:56 -0700

i realize this isn't useful other than the stuff i have already
provided, but i find that type-break more often than not does the
wrong thing.  cursor in non-writable spot, or in a real buffer.  or in
middle of isearch.  probably various other things.

is the idea that i would upgrade to a newer version of emacs?  i do
that by upgrading debian....

On 7/11/23, Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> by modal do you mean ask as gui vs. kb depending on whether currently
>> using mouse?
>
> By modal I mean typing any key except y or n signals an error and does
> nothing.
>
>> by no problems do you mean recent emacs has none?  27.1 does, but
>> perhaps that is stone age.
>>
>> fwiw i cannot address v>27.1.
>
> In v>27.1 you can set y-or-n-p-use-read-key to t that makes y-or-n-p modal.
>
>> fwiw non-modal bug existed before 26.1.
>
> Such non-modal bug still exists in all versions for yes-or-no-p.
>

-- 
The Kafka Pandemic

A blog about science, health, human rights, and misopathy:
https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com