Subject: bug#64141: 27.1 newly has clunky type-break y-or-n-p

From: Samuel Wales <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 16:55:36 -0700

hi

On 6/18/23, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> From: Samuel Wales <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 18:17:00 -0700
>>
>> i upgraded to 27.1 and found that type-break is asking me about breaks
>> as follows:
>
> Which version of Emacs did you have installed before the upgrade?
> Was type-break working differently/better in that older version?

it was working better [than 27.1] before 26.1 for certain.  but idk if
it was broken in 26.1.

> I don't see any significant changes in type-break.el since Emacs 26.1.
> But maybe I missed something, so please try to provide a more detailed
> recipe to reproduce the problems, preferably starting from "emacs -Q",
> so that we could understand the problems and fix them if necessary.

it occurs frequently wihtout my brain making connections with the
conditions under which it occurs, but if i can i will try paying
attention to the conditions.  i know it occurs when i get an appt
notification and thus more than one window.

for some reason i keep hitting home, which is set to move point to
bob, but if at prompt [by chance?], then that just puts point at its
bol and then y and n will not work, which makes type-break confuse me
and require other-window, eol, etc.

if i can i will try setting the vars to short delays and -Q.  [i am
limited in computer use.]

-- 
The Kafka Pandemic

A blog about science, health, human rights, and misopathy:
https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com