Subject: Re: bug#6414: f->output_data.w32->menubar_widget uninitialized?

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 04:13:32 +0200

On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 03:44, Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]> wrote:

> A debug message could still help.

Yes. Or difficult debugging of other issues. Depends on the debug
message, its frequency and relevancy.

> A bad assumption in my book.

Well, we can disagree.

> Yes, it is extra complexity. But I think the extra complexity that is
> the result of not doing this error checking is much, much worse. There
> might be very serious troubles and you have no idea what it is.

If there are "serious troubles" and nobody ever notices them, then
they are not "serious troubles". We're talking about Emacs, not real
time avionics or nuclear plant control software.

> Could you please check the MS doc and see if these calls should be
> switched?

No. You're the one who's spent time looking at the menu code. You're
the one who should know whether that is really a bug and propose a
patch.

    Juanma