Subject: bug#6414: f->output_data.w32->menubar_widget uninitialized?

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 00:30:18 +0200

On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 00:19, Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]> wrote:

> However I think it is also very difficult to catch such errors. They
> are likely to be race conditions (since w32 messages from different
> sources are involved).

But you're talking of presumed errors, i.e., you read the code, see
some error messages from system calls, but there's no error, is there?

> So I think it is better to check the logic. (As I have tried to above.)

Which is fine, but it is not IMO a bug report. In this specific case,
the title refers to an uninitialized struct component, but you
yourself say latter that it is initialized.

> And I also still think it is a good idea to add check for error
> conditions after all system calls. (For the same reason as above.)

As you know, this has been discussed and there's some difference of
opinion, but again, even if you're right, that's not a bug report,
other than perhaps a wishlist, but frankly, this seems more like
something to discuss (again) on emacs-devel than to file as a bug.

So, to summarize: is this bug report about a bug? Is there something
to do about it? Or can we close it?

    Juanma