Subject: bug#6414: f->output_data.w32->menubar_widget uninitialized?

From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 00:19:59 +0200

On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 20:54, Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 20:47, Lennart Borgman
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> The problem seems to be in x_free_frame_resources. Should not
>> free_frame_menubar be called before my_destroy_window there?
>
> You reported seeing some system call errors, presumably under a
> debugger or with DebPrint statements. Did you see any bug? If so, can
> you please send a recipe to reproduce it starting with emacs -Q?

I can't do much to check it now. I do not have time to setup the
required environment on my new pc now.

However I think it is also very difficult to catch such errors. They
are likely to be race conditions (since w32 messages from different
sources are involved).

So I think it is better to check the logic. (As I have tried to above.)

And I also still think it is a good idea to add check for error
conditions after all system calls. (For the same reason as above.)