Subject: [bug#64137] [PATCH 0/2] Build catch2@3 with CMake and update to 3.3.2

From: David Elsing <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 20:47:09 +0000

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> If you actually get clingo to build, that'd be one thing, but there
> shouldn't be any issue getting our catch2 to work in CMake-based
> projects to begin with.  After all, we do provide a catch2-config that
> simply invokes pkg-config.  I'd hazard a guess that whatever project
> you're trying to build pokes at internals it's not really supposed to
> see.
I see, what is missing are the "extras" like catch_discover_tests, but
it seems they can just be copied to lib/cmake/Catch2.
>
> As for the upgrade to 3.3.2, I'd take that in solitude if clingo still
> builds with it.  If not, you'd have to make it an extra version.
To build clingo with 3.3.2, the find_package(Catch2 3.1 ...) command
just needed to be adjusted, but I went ahead and unbundled the remaining
dependencies as well. Should this be a separate issue?
For catch2, it seems simpler to me to build it with CMake, as I don't
see the use case for the static library (as a second output). If you
prefer, I can change it back to Meson though and just copy the files
from the extras directory as well (provided it works).