Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/2] Build catch2@3 with CMake and update to 3.3.2

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 08:55:06 +0200

Am Samstag, dem 17.06.2023 um 19:27 +0000 schrieb David Elsing:
> Currently, the catch2-3.1 package is built with Meson. I think this
> was done to build both static and shared libraries together, which is
> not supported by CMake. Unfortunately, several CMake files (in
> lib/cmake/Catch2) are not installed and to install them, CMake would
> be necessary as build dependency anyway. Only the clingo package
> depends on this package and the static output is not used in another
> package.
> 
> Would it be acceptable to build it with CMake instead, like the
> catch2 package (for version 2)?  I also included a separate package
> for the static version.  Of course, the documentation and headers are
> then installed in both packages.
If you actually get clingo to build, that'd be one thing, but there
shouldn't be any issue getting our catch2 to work in CMake-based
projects to begin with.  After all, we do provide a catch2-config that
simply invokes pkg-config.  I'd hazard a guess that whatever project
you're trying to build pokes at internals it's not really supposed to
see.

As for the upgrade to 3.3.2, I'd take that in solitude if clingo still
builds with it.  If not, you'd have to make it an extra version.

Cheers