Subject: Re: bug#64133: CC Mode 5.35.2 (C/*l); incorrect indentation for an arrays of structs.

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 20:19:25 +0000

Hello, Jeff.

On Wed, Jun 21, 2023 at 13:43:20 -0500, Jeff Norden wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 21, 2023 at 5:39 AM Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > OK, here's the patch which I think fixes the bug completely.  Would you
> > please apply this patch  ...   Then, please confirm that the bug is fixed, or
> > tell me what's still not working.
> Hi Alan,

> Thanks for taking care of this so quickly.  The patch seems to work
> perfectly for me.  I've tried it with 29.0.91 (2nd emacs-29 pretest)
> and with my current git build of emacs from the master branch (which
> is from June 11).  Patch gives differing "offset" messages, but all of
> the "hunks" succeed in both cases.  I haven't built the 3rd emacs-29
> pretest yet, but I can't foresee that there will be a problem.  I will
> be using this some more over the next few days.  I'll post again if I
> notice any issues, but I don't expect to.

Thanks for such comprehensive testing!  I've now committed the patch to
the Emacs master branch (it is too intricate a patch to go to the
release branch at this late stage), and I'm closing the bug with this
post.

If any other problems become apparent in this area (or anywhere else),
feel free to raise another bug report.

> -Jeff

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).