Subject: Re: bug#64133: CC Mode 5.35.2 (C/*l); incorrect indentation for an arrays of structs.

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 11:46:32 +0000

Hello, Jeff.

On Sun, Jun 18, 2023 at 12:23:58 -0500, Jeff Norden wrote:
> The only reason the minibuffer-read affects things is timing.  This
> seems obvious now, but somehow it didn't occur to me until after I
> sent the previous message.  If I do

>   <tab><backspace><backspace> ..wait a few seconds.. <tab>

> then the syntax does *not* change to brace-list.  I tried changing
> c-progress-interval, but that didn't seem to affect things.  Maybe
> there is another timer, or maybe a race condition involved somehow.

No, I think it really is the cache bug I mentioned in my last post.
Caches are wonderful things when they work properly, but the utter devil
to debug when they don't.

I've currently got a CC Mode version with this cache corrected, such
that it parses your test file correctly, but I want to make sure the
correction is correct before I send you a patch and release the fix.

I'll be back again soon.

> Hope this helps,
> -Jeff

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).