Subject: bug#64122: 30.0.50; The new Eglot mode line UI show too many 100% when input characters

From: Eason Huang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 09:05:28 +0800

Hi João,

I found that Eglot mode line UI will show many 100% when using with
python-lsp-server, such as [Eglot:100%/100%/100%/100%/100%].

Is it possible to disable it and only show the [Eglot:ProjecName] in
mode-line?

steps to reproduce:

1. install python-lsp-server:
https://github.com/python-lsp/python-lsp-server
`pip install python-lsp-server`
2. Start Emacs with `emacs -Q`
3. open a python file with `C-x C-f ~/test.py`
4. start Eglot with `M-x eglot`, choose `pylsp` as the server.
5. Input some blank line the test.py buffer and you will see the issue.
In the mode line, there are always showing many 100%, such as
[Eglot:100%/100%/100%/100%/100%]

This issue also happen when using eglot on Java with Eclipse JDT
Language Server[https://github.com/eclipse/eclipse.jdt.ls]

This issue make the servers unusable on Eglot, because it will
influence the performance, and I can feel the delay when input characters.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin22.5.0, NS
 appkit-2299.60 Version 13.4 (Build 22F66, git sha1 8657afac774)) of
 2023-06-16 built on macbook

Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2299
System Description:  macOS 13.4

Configured using:
 'configure --without-native-compilation --without-dbus
 'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk'
 'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names -Wl,-rpath
 /opt/local/lib/gcc12
 -Wl,-syslibroot,/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk
 -arch x86_64''

Configured features:
ACL GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER
WEBP XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Python

Minor modes in effect:
  eglot--managed-mode: t
  flymake-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode vc-dispatcher shadow sort mail-extr
emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date
cl-extra eglot external-completion jsonrpc xref flymake-proc flymake
thingatpt ert pp ewoc debug backtrace help-mode find-func filenotify
warnings icons compile text-property-search url-util url-parse
auth-source eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars imenu python rx project byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile pcase
treesit cl-seq comint ansi-osc ring cl-loaddefs cl-lib ansi-color rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 100798 37028)
 (symbols 48 11242 4)
 (strings 32 33389 1579)
 (string-bytes 1 1018448)
 (vectors 16 23076)
 (vector-slots 8 321876 18787)
 (floats 8 54 120)
 (intervals 56 614 0)
 (buffers 984 18))

-- 
Eason Huang