Subject: [bug#64114] [PATCH v2 0/2] Build fftw entirely from source

From: David Elsing <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2025 16:47:11 +0000

Hi Andreas,

here is the rebased version.

Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> writes:

> I only learnt recently that debbugs does not forward comments on issues
> to those who have opened them, so I did not cc you.

Ah, so that's why I didn't receive your email.

> Okay, there is just a risk of forgetting it...
> How big is the documentation? Would it make sense to just keep it in the
> package? Or have it as a separate doc output, which would be more in
> line with what we usually do?

The problem isn't the size, but the documentation depends through
fig2dev on imagemagick, which depends on fftw itself.

> Yes, that would be nice. QA will not be triggered as the package
> results in too many rebuilds.

Ok thanks, good to know.

Cheers,
David

David Elsing (2):
  gnu: fftw: Build entirely from source.
  gnu: Add fftw-documentation.

 gnu/packages/algebra.scm | 153 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------
 1 file changed, 112 insertions(+), 41 deletions(-)

-- 
2.46.0