Subject: Re: Action?

From: David Elsing <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2025 20:36:27 +0000

Hello Andreas,

sorry, I didn't see your reply before.

Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> writes:

> I happened to come along your patch and examined the situation. It turns out
> that the fftw version has already been updated to 3.3.10.
>
> Unfortunately, lots of packages depend on it, so changing the package will
> be quite costly. Maybe it would make sense to close the bug for now (or let
> it wait) and come back to it when a new version of fftw comes out?

FFTW isn't very actively developed, so it might take a while until there
is a new release. I think it makes sense to leave the bug open until
someone applies it when a dependency for fftw is updated (e.g. in
core-updates).

Do you think I should send updated patches rebased to master or would
this just unnecessarily occupy QA?

Best,
David