Subject: bug#6411: Ispell string or comment, bug#6411: Ispell string or comment

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2020 22:01:58 +0300

> From: Štěpán Němec <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2020 20:44:59 +0200
> 
> > Please quote symbols in log messages 'like this'.  Please also mention
> > the bug number there.
> 
> Will fix, thank you. (Funnily enough I did double check this when making
> the patch, and found recent commit messages quite diverse in that
> regard.)

Yes, not everybody follows the policy (and I'm ashamed to sometimes
forget doing that as well...)

> >> +can use @kbd{M-x ispell-comments-and-strings} or @kbd{M-x
> >> +ispell-comment-or-string-at-point} to check only comments or string
> >
> > When a long "M-x SOMETHING" command is close to a line's end, please
> > enclose it in @w{..}, so that it doesn't get split between two lines.
> 
> By "close to a line's end" I assume you mean to check the rendered info
> file, as IIUC there is no strict correspondence between the texi source
> and the final document WRT end of line?

The correspondence is quite close, even though not 100%, and there's
the Info output, where it's even closer.  So you could just use
@w{@kbd{..}} when it's close in Texinfo, because @w{..} is harmless if
it isn't needed.