Subject: bug#6411: Ispell string or comment

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 22:57:21 +0200

tags 6411 - patch
quit

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> > > Here is a suggestion for a function ispell-comment-or-string for spell
> > > checking of current comment or string, see attachement.
> >
> > This patch from 2010 still applies on current master, and it seems to
> > work as advertised from my minimal testing.  I think it would be a
> > good addition.  Does anyone object to installing it?
>
> Sorry, but I happen to think the proposed implementation is somewhat
> inelegant:

Thanks, many good points that I agree with.  I will review the
proposed patch more carefully next time beyond just testing that it
works.

Let's hope someone picks up the ball and provides us with a revised or
new patch.  If Lennart Borgman doesn't feel up to it after all these
years, maybe someone else?

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas