Subject: bug#64101: 29.0.91; Eglot inlay hints rendered out of order

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 09:47:16 +0100

On Sun, Jun 18, 2023 at 1:45 AM Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > This would make some sense, but I'm not sure I'm doing it correctly.  If
> > I replace the above line with
> >
> >    (overlay-put ov 'priority `(nil . i))
>
> Did you forget the comma?
>
>     (overlay-put ov 'priority `(nil . ,i))

Hehe, no, not in real life, only in the examples in my email, which
are all messed up.  Let me try again...

Yep, SECONDARY doesn't seem to do anything

<no form>   => correctly sorted overlays
(overlay-put ov 'priority i)  => correctly sorted overlays
(overlay-put ov 'priority (- 10 i) => reverse sorted overlays
(overlay-put ov 'priority `(nil . ,i)  => correctly sorted overlays
(overlay-put ov 'priority `(nil . ,(- 10 i)  => correctly sorted overlays (!)

Also confirmed with M-x describe text properties that the priority
property values are sane and look like (nil . 3).

João