Subject: Re: bug#64090: Cannot compute a file with a G-exp

From: Robby Zambito <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 10:05:44 -0400

Hello,

"(" <[email-masked]> writes:

> SOURCE-MODULE-CLOSURE only works for modules provided by Guix or Guix
> channels ;) Modules included in Guile don't need it at all, and for
> modules provided by third-party Guile libraries like guile-ini or
> guile-json, you need to use WITH-EXTENSIONS:
>
>   (use-modules (gnu packages guile-xyz))
>
>   (with-extensions (list guile-ini guile-json) GEXP)

Well shucks, if only I read the next paragraph in the manual! Thank you
for pointing this out.

> No, it includes the entire dependency tree, but filters out any modules
> that don't come from Guix or Guix channels.

Strangely with-extensions doesn't seem to be including the whole
dependency tree for me. Should it? Maybe this is an issue with the
definition of the guile-ini package, but I also had to specify guile-smc
and guile-lib as extensions, even though I am not using either of those
directly.

Thank you for you help though :) I was able to get my G-Exp working as I
want

Robby