Subject: Re: bug#64089: 30.0.50; `ldap-search' errors out with `wrong-type-argument listp' when called WITHDN == t

From: Filipp Gunbin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 20:52:32 +0300

close 64089 30.0.50
quit

On 20/06/2023 14:01 +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

[...]

>> The docstring only says "If WITHDN is non-nil, each entry in the result
>> will be prepended with its distinguished name WITHDN.", so nowhere,
>> which looks like an omission.
>
> Then please document that as part of fixing the issue on master, so
> that it will be documented from now on.

Done and pushed in master, closing this bug.

> Given all the downsides, I'm okay with reverting the fix on emacs-29.

Reverted on emacs-29.

> Please in the future make it clear when you object to a patch, and
> describe its aspects to which you object.  Presenting an alternative
> one is not enough to convey that.  If I realized at the time that you
> are against it, especially if you'd explain why, I would have avoided
> wasting my time on installing it, and that would have saved us some
> time discussing the issue later -- a net win for everyone.

Sorry, will try to be more clear in future.

Thanks.