Subject: Re: bug#64089: 30.0.50; `ldap-search' errors out with `wrong-type-argument listp' when called WITHDN == t

From: Jens Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 23:37:23 +0200

Hi Filipp,

On 2023-06-19  22:35, Filipp Gunbin wrote:

> I mean not the dn value (distinct for each record), but the string "dn"
> itself.

misunderstood you here.  I agree that the prefix "dn: " is not very 
meaningful but somebody might have coded around that already.

 >> I don't think we should piggy-back too many problems on one report
 >
> I don't understand what you mean here..

Just that there are lot of issues that we're discussing here, where 
there was initially only one.

> I'm on macOS, OpenLDAP 2.6.4_1 from macports.  However, this string is
> appended by Emacs itself.

But that sounds like a bug that should better be fixed elsewhere, I 
think.  Emacs shouldn't append text to process output unless explicitly 
having been asked for that.

> I still stand by opinion that we should not touch emacs-29 here, due to
> reasons I described in other messages.

I leave that at Eli's discretion - I have provided separate patches to 
back out my changes and to fix the one issue I initially had in the 
direction I thought you pointed me.