Subject: bug#64069: 30.0.50; Mistyped shy group regexps

From: Basil Contovounesios <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2023 08:39:40 +0100

Dmitry Gutov [2023-06-15 04:45 +0300] wrote:

> When you say "encode-time ... is passed ... +0100", what is your testing
> scenario?

Eyeballing the code and git-blame's output.

> IIUC, the change in commit 576fba5f58d removed the complex dates from the output
> (which we parse), replacing them with the simple yyyy-mm-dd format (that's what
> --date=short does). Seems like I tried (8 years ago) to retain the compatibility
> with the previous output in case we'll make the format configurable someday, but
> that still hasn't happened.

Is it not configurable via vc-git-annotate-switches?
When invoking git with multiple --date= options, the last one wins.

> So we could do away with the 'if' condition and simplify the regexp
> accordingly.

You mean ignoring anything other than the YYYY-MM-DD format?

No objections from me, but it's not that hard to fix&keep support for
the default --date=iso output from Git, if desired.

Thanks,

-- 
Basil