Subject: [bug#64060] [PATCH] gnu: emacs-gptel: Add optional propagated-input.

From: jgart <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2023 22:41:09 -0500

* gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm (emacs-gptel): Add optional propagated-input.
[propagated-inputs]: Add emacs-markdown-mode
---

hi guix wdyt

what should we do about dependencies like this that are optional
according to upstream but might enable important features in a package
like markdown rendering.

l8terzzz,

jgart

 gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm | 3 ++-
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm b/gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm
index f46af73aec..32ab18bd81 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm
@@ -477,7 +477,8 @@ (define-public emacs-gptel
               (emacs-substitute-variables "gptel.el"
                 ("gptel-use-curl" 't)))))))
     (inputs (list curl))
-    (propagated-inputs (list emacs-map))
+    (propagated-inputs
+     (list emacs-map emacs-markdown-mode))
     (home-page "https://github.com/karthink/gptel")
     (synopsis "GPTel is a simple ChatGPT client for Emacs")
     (description

base-commit: b94cbbbce70f59b795526a0ed305facf041e6faa
prerequisite-patch-id: 955d53943a944fc71068775e0535d85c0f0b71ec
prerequisite-patch-id: b40ddb3f1c2f780c18f34b826b1229bb10358ec7
prerequisite-patch-id: 35ea140df746960cf9b020cb8abb74e6889b056c
-- 
2.40.1