Subject: Re: bug#64059: Sudden unexplained error during guix pull: "channel dependency has an invalid introduction field"

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 16:44:39 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, 14 Jun 2023 at 01:56, "N. Y." <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Updating channel 'ninguix' from Git repository at '
> https://github.com/ning-y/ninguix'...
> /home/ning/.cache/guix/checkouts/y6rzf466if75ebhoqonk2dqs6ac5d75tvkvziqptmqvawztuphda/.guix-channel:10:4:
> error: channel dependency has an invalid introduction field

[...]

>       (channel
>         (name 'ninguix)
>         (url "https://github.com/ning-y/ninguix")
>         (branch "main")
>         (introduction
>           (make-channel-introduction
>             "3f7eb8b5064445d72649b1b27f714b86f3946a9a"
>             (openpgp-fingerprint
>               "4523 A758 035C 5177 7A8F  1E1F 2CB0 E8CD 7035 5FB7"))))

The branch ’keyring’ seems empty, is it expected?  I mean the manual
reads:

        Additionally, your channel must provide all the OpenPGP keys
        that were ever mentioned in .guix-authorizations, stored as .key
        files, which can be either binary or “ASCII-armored”. By
        default, those .key files are searched for in the branch named
        keyring but you can specify a different branch name in
        .guix-channel like so:

        https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/guix.html#Specifying-Channel-Authorizations

Cheers,
simon