Subject: 30.0.50; memory-report--buffers does not account for shared data objects referenced by buffer-local values

From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2023 17:57:15 +0000

Hi,

This bug report is a result of discussion in
https://list.orgmode.org/87v8funovi.fsf@localhost/T/#m4da0718c652fe2d9478b050ae8e85f0093645d85

`memory-report--buffers' calls `memory-report--buffer-data' with a fresh
COUNTED hash table in each buffer and then adds up the results.
This is inaccurate when buffer-local values refer to the same object in
memory - the shared objects are counted multiple times in "Total Buffer
Memory Usage".

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.37, cairo version 1.17.8) of 2023-06-07 built on localhost
Repository revision: 0bb0d5dfc4c0757c684de94f5de78c2a9356ba08
Repository branch: piem/me/regexp-tracing-add-set-regexp
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101008
System Description: Gentoo Linux

-- 
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,
Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.
Support Org development at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>,
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/yantar92>