Subject: Re: bug#64046: 30.0.50; Quoting in customize choice tags

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 23:10:41 +0200

On Thu, 24 Aug 2023 22:53:02 +0200 Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> > diff --git a/lisp/wid-edit.el b/lisp/wid-edit.el
>> > index a70598bb6c9..40d7b5b902c 100644
>> > --- a/lisp/wid-edit.el
>> > +++ b/lisp/wid-edit.el
>> > @@ -285,12 +285,17 @@ widget-choose
>> >    ;; Apply quote substitution to customize choice menu item text,
>> >    ;; whether it occurs in a widget buffer or in a popup menu.
>
> Could `substitute-quotes' replace `substitute-command-keys' here?

That indeed gives the same results for the cases discussed in this bug.
I used substitute-command-keys because it was already being used in
widget-choose before I installed my first change, which expanded its use
there.  I don't know if there are cases covered by
substitute-command-keys and not but substitute-quotes that are relevant
for widget-choose; are there?

Steve Berman