Subject: Re: bug#64046: 30.0.50; Quoting in customize choice tags

From: Mauro Aranda <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 19:59:26 -0300

Stephen Berman <[email-masked]> writes:

 >> Thanks for the feedback.  You're right, that patch is too superficial;
 >> it also fails to do substitution in popup extended menus like the one
 >> produced by clicking the "State" button, with the result that in the
 >> item "Revert This Session's Customization" the apostrophe is not
 >> displayed in the "curve" style.  So I revised the patch, attached below,
 >> to iterate over the elements of each item in ITEMS, and it now appears
 >> to handle substitution with the "State" button display correctly, both
 >> as popup menu and as text menu buffer.  The latter is the result of
 >> applying widget--simplify-menu, if I debugged correctly, so I think this
 >> answers your concerns (though the text menu buffer already shows the
 >> substitution independently of my patch, due to commit bd3b426ebb).  Or
 >> have I misunderstood your concerns about widget--simplify-menu?  If so,
 >> can you give an example where the new patch fails?
 >
 > Just pinging in case this fell under the radar.  If there's no response,
 > what's the next step forward?
 >
 > Steve Berman

It did, thanks for the ping.

Since there's no problem with widget--simplify-menu, the patch looks
good to me.