Subject: Re: [External] : Re: bug#64046: 30.0.50; Quoting in customize choice tags

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2023 11:49:01 +0200

On Sat, 2 Sep 2023 01:38:03 +0200 Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Stephen Berman <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> (With substitute-quotes, however, using the \\= escape does not work.)
>
> Hmm, that seems like an oversight by the author of `substitute-quotes'.
>
>> Given that, I don't see how using substitute-command-keys on the TITLE
>> argument in widget-choose restricts any use of this argument.
>
> Yup.  So let's get this installed.
>
> What's the most recent version of your patch, did you already send it?  Thanks.

It's in <[email-masked]>
(https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2023-08/msg02199.html).
Before installing it should I remove the word "quote" from the comment
"Apply quote substitution to choice menu title and item text", since
substitute-command-keys also does other substitutions?

Steve Berman