Subject: bug#6404: 23; NS: system scroll bar preference ignored

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 12:52:29 -0400

Because 'ns' is not a real package, and has no maintainer, this ended
up on the help-debbugs list. I have reassigned it to 'emacs,ns' and am
resending this so that it appears on the bug-gnu-emacs list.

David Reitter wrote:

Package: ns

Emacs fails to respect the system  "Click in the scroll bar to: Jump
to the spot that's clicked" in the Appearance system preference.
Clicks into the scroll bar always result in page-wise scrolling.  

Begin forwarded message:

From: Tyler Perkins [email-masked]">[email-masked]
Date: March 15, 2010 8:37:09 PM EDT
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Aquamacs-bugs] 23.1.93; System scroll bar preference ignored
Reply-To: Bug reports for Aquamacs Emacs [email-masked]">[email-masked]

Like every other Mac app., Aquamacs should respect the system
preference, "Click in the scroll bar to: Jump to the spot that's
clicked" in the Appearance system preference. Aquamacs currently just
jumps to the next (or previous) page when the scroll bar is clicked
below (above) the thumb. Jumping directly to the spot was present in
the original NeXTSTEP, as I recall, and it thankfully migrated to Mac
OS X. Once you get used to it, you'll never go back!