Subject: bug#63977: closed (Re: bug#63977: Incorrect language tags in case of incomplete translations)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 18:37:02 +0000

Your bug report

#63977: Incorrect language tags in case of incomplete translations

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
63977: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=63977
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#63977: Incorrect language tags in case of incomplete translations
From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
To: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 20:36:28 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Maxime Devos <[email-masked]> writes:
> This French web page has an English blog post.  This is OK, HTML
> supports that.  Just put a "lang="en"' attribute in the 'article' tag

Done in c392a144df6c1e11ec5a672f7e2c00fbfc51f5bd.  Thank you for the
report!  I do not have a screen reader to test though.

Regards,
Florian

Subject: Incorrect language tags in case of incomplete translations
From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
To: bug-guix <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2023 17:02:28 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On the French part of the website, 
https://guix.gnu.org/fr/blog/2023/parameterized-packages-for-gnu-guix/, 
we have an lang="fr" attribute for the 'html' tag:

<html lang="fr"> [...] </html>

This is fine.

This French web page has an English blog post.  This is OK, HTML 
supports that.  Just put a "lang="en"' attribute in the 'article' tag 
and the spec is happy, spell-check works, screen readers interpret 
things properly, ...

This is, however, not done currently:

<article class="page centered-block limit-width">

Currently, blog posts are never translated at all, so fixing this should 
just be a matter of unconditionally adding 'lang="en"' to all <article ...>.

Greetings,
Maxime.