Subject: Re: bug#63967: 28.2; switch-to-buffer in normal window fails if minibuffer window is active

From: Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 06:39:41 +0000

>>>>> I couldn't find the offending change
>>>>
>>>> It's 7c2ebf6e23.
>>>
>>> Thanks.  Yes, I imagined it would be it.  Which is why I said: it 
>>> won't help us to know which commit changed that.
>>
>> Given your last post, apparently it did help ;-)
>
> Unfortunately, no, because the changeset is huge, and just knowing what 
> part of it could cause this is a non-trivial job.  Fortunately, the code 
> which clobbers the selected-window was clearly visible in GDB, which is 
> what led to my previous post.
>

I see.  Apparently we don't work the same way.  I didn't have time to 
investigate this issue further after bisecting, but the first thing I 
would have done is to determine which of the four calls to 
Fset_frame_selected_window in that changeset is responsible for that bug.