Subject: bug#63957: 29.0.91; c-ts-mode: incorrect fontification in alloc.c

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2023 08:56:51 +0300

To reproduce:

  emacs -Q
  C-x C-f src/alloc.c RET
  M-x c-ts-mode RET
  C-u 3184 M-g g

Observe that several "else if" clauses in the following fragment are not
fontified correctly:

  #ifdef HAVE_TREE_SITTER
    else if (PSEUDOVECTOR_TYPEP (&vector->header, PVEC_TS_PARSER))
      treesit_delete_parser (PSEUDOVEC_STRUCT (vector, Lisp_TS_Parser));
    else if (PSEUDOVECTOR_TYPEP (&vector->header, PVEC_TS_COMPILED_QUERY))
      treesit_delete_query (PSEUDOVEC_STRUCT (vector, Lisp_TS_Query));
  #endif
  #ifdef HAVE_MODULES
    else if (PSEUDOVECTOR_TYPEP (&vector->header, PVEC_MODULE_FUNCTION))
      {
        ATTRIBUTE_MAY_ALIAS struct Lisp_Module_Function *function
          = (struct Lisp_Module_Function *) vector;
        module_finalize_function (function);
      }
  #endif
  #ifdef HAVE_NATIVE_COMP
    else if (PSEUDOVECTOR_TYPEP (&vector->header, PVEC_NATIVE_COMP_UNIT))
      {
        struct Lisp_Native_Comp_Unit *cu =
          PSEUDOVEC_STRUCT (vector, Lisp_Native_Comp_Unit);
        unload_comp_unit (cu);
      }
    else if (PSEUDOVECTOR_TYPEP (&vector->header, PVEC_SUBR))
      {
        struct Lisp_Subr *subr =
          PSEUDOVEC_STRUCT (vector, Lisp_Subr);
        if (!NILP (subr->native_comp_u))
          {
            /* FIXME Alternative and non invasive solution to this
               cast?  */
            xfree ((char *)subr->symbol_name);
            xfree (subr->native_c_name);
          }
      }
  #endif

In this fragment, "else" has the font-lock-type-face, and "if" has the
font-lock-function-name-face.

I'm guessing this is caused by the #ifdef's there, but can this be
fixed, please?

FTR, I'm using the latest tree-sitter-c grammar library, built from
the HEAD of their Git repository.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.91 (build 42, i686-pc-mingw32) of 2023-06-06 built on
 HOME-C4E4A596F7
Repository revision: bcc222251e1a750a11e365f2faa641cc56c1169d
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
System Description: Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (v5.1.0.2600)

Configured using:
 'configure -C --prefix=/d/usr --with-wide-int
 --enable-checking=yes,glyphs 'CFLAGS=-O0 -gdwarf-4 -g3''

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY
W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1255

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel dos-w32
ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 42750 9786)
 (symbols 48 6287 0)
 (strings 16 16570 3023)
 (string-bytes 1 399211)
 (vectors 16 9324)
 (vector-slots 8 147662 13516)
 (floats 8 23 27)
 (intervals 40 273 98)
 (buffers 888 10))