Subject: Re: bug#63956: 29.0.91; tex-mode display problem in emacs-29

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 21:14:22 +0300

> From: Jeff Norden <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 12:31:54 -0500
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> On Sun, Jun 11, 2023 at 11:01 AM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
> ...
> > > I suggest just removing the actions from the two display-buffer calls
> > > and the pop-top-buffer call in tex-mode.el.
> >
> > Meanwhile I installed a different fix: there's no a separate defcustom
> > display-tex-shell-buffer-action, whose default should do what you
> > want.  If it doesn't do what you want, please tell the details, and
> > let's take it from there.
> >
> > IOW, please try the latest emacs-29 branch of the Emacs Git
> > repository, and see if tex-mode there behaves better.
> 
> Works fine for me.

Great, thanks for testing.

> Using -tex-shell-buffer-action for a docview buffer is perhaps a bit
> odd

You could be right, but I couldn't find any callers of that function,
so it was hard for me to reason about that specific case.  Stefan,
since you introduced tex-cmd-doc-view into tex-mode.el, could you take
a look and tell whether using display-tex-shell-buffer-action in its
default value there makes sense?  If not, what would be a better
default?