Subject: Re: bug#63956: 29.0.91; tex-mode display problem in emacs-29

From: Jeff Norden <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 12:31:54 -0500

On Sun, Jun 11, 2023 at 11:01 AM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
...
> > I suggest just removing the actions from the two display-buffer calls
> > and the pop-top-buffer call in tex-mode.el.
>
> Meanwhile I installed a different fix: there's no a separate defcustom
> display-tex-shell-buffer-action, whose default should do what you
> want.  If it doesn't do what you want, please tell the details, and
> let's take it from there.
>
> IOW, please try the latest emacs-29 branch of the Emacs Git
> repository, and see if tex-mode there behaves better.

Works fine for me.  Using -tex-shell-buffer-action for a docview
buffer is perhaps a bit odd, but I'm sure you have more pressing
issues to deal with right now.  Again, apologies for the delay in
responding.
-Jeff