Subject: Re: ping on a build fix for a build failure (main branch)

From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2023 13:07:30 +0200

Hello Andy,

Am Tue, May 30, 2023 at 10:54:20AM -0700 schrieb Andy Tai:
> Hi, following previous comments (thanks) I have submitted a patch to
> correctly fix a build failure due to compiler warnings, instead of
> avoiding not building tests, on this Guix bug issue:
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=63526
> Please review the patch (which shall be a simple and low risk fix).  Thanks!

I have reworked a bit the punctuation of the commit message, shortened
the patch file name and pushed. By this I am closing the two corresponding
bug reports (it would have been enough to send a second version of the
patch to the first bug).

Did you contact upstream? Looking at the test, it looked wrong before and
after your patch...
if (len < token->data.character.len) {
   hubbub_token t = { 0 };
   t.type = HUBBUB_TOKEN_CHARACTER;
   t.data.character.ptr += len;
   t.data.character.len -= len;
...
Adding to a previously undefined, now 0 pointer .ptr raised a warning
for a reason, I think; and it looks like the t.data maybe should be
token->data. But it is quite possible that this branch is not even
reached by the test.

Andreas