Subject: [bug#63943] [PATCH 0/5] Update Fibers to 1.3.1

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2023 10:39:36 +0200

Hello!

This is the much anticipated upgrade of Fibers to 1.3.1, which among
other things brings a libevent backend, making it usable on non-Linux
systems.

To me it’s important so we can upgrade the Shepherd in use on GNU/Hurd
(it’s still stuck at 0.8 because so far Fibers lacked support for
non-Linux systems), which in turn means we can use the newer Shepherd
APIs in its config file.  Unfortunately, while shepherd cross-builds
and runs on GNU/Hurd, I’m not confident it “works”.  I’ll write more
in a separate message.

There’s still one users of ‘guile-fibers-1.1’: ‘guile-gemini’.  It
can probably run on Fibers 1.3 but I don’t think it has tests for
that.

Thoughts?

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (5):
  gnu: guile-fibers: Add 1.3.1.
  gnu: [email-masked]: Use guile-fibers 1.3.1.
  gnu: cuirass: Use guile-fibers 1.3.1.
  gnu: guile-fibers: Remove 'guile-fibers-next'.
  gnu: gnunet-scheme: Use guile-fibers 1.3.1.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |  1 +
 gnu/packages/admin.scm                        |  8 ++-
 gnu/packages/ci.scm                           |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/gnunet.scm                       |  4 +-
 gnu/packages/guile-xyz.scm                    | 68 +++++++++++--------
 gnu/packages/package-management.scm           | 12 ++--
 .../guile-fibers-libevent-32-bit.patch        | 18 +++++
 gnu/packages/web.scm                          |  2 +-
 8 files changed, 74 insertions(+), 41 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/guile-fibers-libevent-32-bit.patch

base-commit: 1a2eb26286c72ac2754969f53f5833b053b96b67
-- 
2.40.1