Subject: bug#63921: Activation snippets in reverse order, prevent boot

From: Brian Cully <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2023 18:02:39 -0400

Jelle Licht <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks for the workaround! Is this "thou shall delete N times, 
> and
> _exactly_ N times" effect of the recently pushed change 
> functioning as
> intended?  It imho seems pretty brittle and verbose compared to 
> how
> things were before.

We could add a ‘delete-all’ in addition to the existing ‘delete’ 
behavior. Alternately, we could change ‘delete’ back to deleting 
everything and adding ‘delete-one’. Or have both ‘delete-all’ and 
‘delete-one’ where ‘delete’ is a deprecated alias for ‘delete-all’ 
to add a path forward for older configs.

Of the three I'm most partial to the last, though I love none of 
them. I keep thinking the right solution is to have a delete that 
can match with a predicate, but then why not just use ‘filter’ or 
‘remove’?

-bjc