Subject: bug#6392: 24.0.50; Switching to emacs window reports "<Scroll_Lock> is undefined"

From: Tim Van Holder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 16:59:13 +0200

I'm running emacs on an (old) debian box from an ssh session, with X
forwarding set up to Cygwin's X windows.

Since updating to this morning's bzr trunk (but still the case after a
bzr update 15 minutes ago), starting up emacs gives an error
"<Scroll_Lock> is undefined". This error is repeated when the emacs
window receives the focus (after Alt-TAB). It is quite annoying since I
tend to go back and forth between windows a lot.

Happens with emacs -Q too, so does not seem to be a customization issue.

I tried
  (global-set-key [Scroll_Lock] nil)
and
  (global-set-key [Scroll_Lock] 'do-nothing)
but neither had any effect whatsoever.

As an aside, I see that [C-q TAB] inserts a NUL character before the
TAB. It does not happen for all characters; others that seem to get a
NUL are [return], [ESC] (which inserts the NUL but then treats the ESC
as a keypress rather than inserting an escape character).

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.10 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.8.20)
 of 2010-06-10 on leeloo
Windowing system distributor `The Cygwin/X Project', version 11.0.10503000
configured using `configure  '--with-x''