Subject: Re: bug#63911: Dired Open With

From: Howard Melman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2023 14:40:13 -0400

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> After using this for a while I noticed that most of the time
>> mailcap suggestions are useless - they don't contain the same
>> items as in the context menus of a File Manager.  For example,
>> clicking the right mouse button on a ScreamTracker .stm file
>> opens a menu with Rhythmbox, and clicking on a ScreamTracker3
>> .s3m file opens a menu where the first item is Celluloid
>> and the second is Rhythmbox.
>>
>> So I implemented support for xdg commands that now displays exactly
>> the same menus in Emacs as in the File Manager, and with the same order.
>
> Agreed, it's better to use the xdg commands for this.

Will this work (or at least not break) on mac or windows or
other non-xgd systems?

-- 

Howard