Subject: bug#63904: Can't setuid programs to anybody but root

From: Edouard Klein <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2023 14:04:02 +0200

Thank you Josselin :)

I ended up basically reusing this code in my own system layer, while we
wait on 62726 to be merged.

Also, I needed a new keyword argument to change the name of the setuid
binary.

It works flawlessly, thanks !

Cheers,

Edouard.

Josselin Poiret <[email-masked]> writes:

> [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]]
> Hi everyone,
>
> You might want to have a look at [1], which should resolve this.  I've
> held off on reviewing it for quite a bit but have talked on IRC recently
> with bjc about it.  With this approach, while cleaner, we'll need to
> identify which services rely on the setuid binaries being present, as
> well as ensure they're up before any interaction with the user is
> possible.
>
> [1] https://issues.guix.gnu.org/62726
>
> HTH,