Subject: bug#6389: closed (Re: Review font-related information in INSTALL file)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 17:23:02 +0000

Your bug report

#6389: Review font-related information in INSTALL file

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
6389: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=6389
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: Review font-related information in INSTALL file
From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
To: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 13:21:55 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Please could someone who knows about fonts review and update (if
> necessary) the font-related information in the INSTALL file in the
> emacs-23 branch.

Nowadays, I think it is sufficient to just point people to
http://www.gnu.org/software/freefont/.  I've updated the file
accordingly.

Subject: Review font-related information in INSTALL file
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 01:04:11 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Package: emacs
Severity: minor

Please could someone who knows about fonts review and update (if
necessary) the font-related information in the INSTALL file in the
emacs-23 branch.

I suspect some of it may be out-of-date. For example, the
http://czyborra.com/ files have not been modified in over a decade.

Thanks.