Subject: cryptsetup-static-2.3.7 can't find gcrypt

From: Faré <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 20:47:22 -0400

I'm trying to cross-compile Guix for my pinephone pro (arm64) from a
x86-64 laptop, as per https://git.sr.ht/~abcdw/guix-pinephonepro, but
when I try to add support for encrypted filesystems, guix fails to
build cryptsetup-static-2.3.7, with the following error in its
configure script:

checking for linux/if_alg.h... yes
checking for libgcrypt-config... no
checking for LIBGCRYPT - version >= 1.6.1... no
checking for libgcrypt-config... (cached) no
checking for LIBGCRYPT - version >= 1.1.42... no
configure: error: You need the gcrypt library.
error: in phase 'configure': uncaught exception:
%exception #<&invoke-error program:
"/gnu/store/4y5m9lb8k3qkb1y9m02sw9w9a6hacd16-bash-minimal-5.1.8/bin/bash"
arguments: ("./configure" "CC_FOR_BUILD=gcc"
"CONFIG_SHELL=/gnu/store/4y5m9lb8k3qkb1y9m02sw9w9a6hacd16-bash-minimal-5.1.8/bin/bash"
"SHELL=/gnu/store/4y5m9lb8k3qkb1y9m02sw9w9a6hacd16-bash-minimal-5.1.8/bin/bash"
"--prefix=/gnu/store/kr328jpy3f1m5a0b382qy0hinr7mbmh5-cryptsetup-static-2.3.7"
"--enable-fast-install" "--build=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu"
"--host=aarch64-linux-gnu" "--disable-shared"
"--enable-static-cryptsetup" "--disable-veritysetup"
"--disable-cryptsetup-reencrypt" "--disable-integritysetup"
"--with-crypto_backend=gcrypt" "--disable-blkid" "LIBS=-ludev -pthread
-lm") exit-status: 1 term-signal: #f stop-signal: #f>
phase `configure' failed after 3.8 seconds

I'll attach the channels-lock.scm and the full error log. The code is
otherwise in https://git.sr.ht/~abcdw/guix-pinephonepro modulo trying
to add cryptsetup support via a mapped-device of (type
luks-device-mapping).

—♯ƒ • François-René ÐVB Rideau •Reflection&Cybernethics• http://fare.tunes.org
“The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by
the tribe. To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you’ll be
lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for
the privilege of owning yourself.”  — Rudyard Kipling